Oklahoma has a positive set of Lemon Laws. The number
of repair attempts required for a car to qualify as a lemon is high and the warranty period is short.. Additionally, the consumer does not have to notify and give the manufacturer one last repair attempt..
Oklahoma Lemon Law Rating: 1 (Negative- Favors the manufacturer)
- Vehicles that are registered in Oklahoma that weigh less than 10,000 pounds
- Excludes the livable sections of motor homes
- Includes motorcycles
What constitutes a "lemon":
- Four unsucessful repair attempts (plus one final repair attempt after the manufacturer has been notified)
- 45 calendar days out of service. (plus an unspecified length of time for the manufacturer's last repair attempt.)
- The defect is required to substantially impare the use or value of the vechicle.
- The earliest of one year or the express written warranty provided by the manufacturer
What to do if you suspect you have a lemon in Oklahoma:
- Immediately draft a letter to the manufacturer of your automobile
informing them of the defects you are experiencing. That notification letter must be sent via certified mail
- You will then be required to give the manufacturer one last repair attempt.
- Ensure that you save ALL documentation related to your automobile
Lemon Laws in Other States